Siebel WBA Web-based Concise Course in Brewing Technology

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnthonyCB

Reaction score
Has anyone here taken this? Does anyone have any opinions on its usefulness for someone interested in starting a brewery?

Thanks,

Anthony

If it is still the same course content as when I took it a few years ago then I'd say it's overpriced.
You can get the knowledge your looking for with diligent reading of readily available brew books, magazines and forums.
Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad course (Concise course in brewing technology) but for what it contained I thought it overpriced. Some of the other courses they offer would be better for you I'd think.

Thanks for the advice. I read through a review of the Concise course done on location written by a homebrewer who won the scholarship, and it seems like the first few days wouldn't provide much information that wasn't covered at greater depth in the Palmer, Papazian and Zainasheff books. Moreover, most of the things that looked interesting to me probably wouldn't be possible in the remote course (tastings, visits...). Are there some professional texts that you would recommend for someone interested in brewing on a professional system that would cover the ins and outs of dealing with the pumps, different connections, cleaning and troubleshooting?

Siebel has a course for running/ starting your own brewery that would probably be more useful. I just finished the concise course and found it useful and interesting if a little overpriced.

Siebel has a course for running/ starting your own brewery that would probably be more useful.

Are you referring to this: http://www.siebelinstitute.com/cour...etails/148-wba-applied-brewing-techniques-bap

The Applied Brewing Techniques Course or something else?

(Edit)
Or possibly this one: http://www.siebelinstitute.com/cour...s/112-siebel-institute-start-your-own-brewery

I guess the second. It seems fairly brief though, and I'd like to get some hands on training with the pro equipment. Has anyone out there taken either of these courses?

Back