Missing ingredient in brewers best american light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okneib86

Reaction score
Started a American light brewer best batch, my first batch ever. Just added the lme and bittering hopps. Just realized my kit was shorted the half oz pack of aroma hoops to be added at the end of the boil. So my question is did I just waste half the ingredients.... Just stinks because I was really excited to get this going. Can I do it with out...

That's weird! Usually you get hops in whole 1 ounce packages. Were you supposed to use 1/2 at the end, or a full ounce at the beginning?

Since it's an American light, I have a feeling it should be very low in aroma hops anyway so it might actually taste just fine.

You can try adding the hops into the fermenter, as a dry hop. It will give you a different quality then if they were added in the boil, yet the aroma aspect will surely shine thru. Give it a shot, it could very well save the batch!

1/2 at start and 1/2 of aroma at the end. I should have made sure I had everything before I started! My fault..

Good at least I don't have to trash it, guess I'll just have to get another kit and start a second batch!

Looked at the recipe. It appears that they package .5 oz. hops for bittering and another .5 oz. for aroma. It doesn't say what kind of hops they are. You could get some more hops, maybe an ounce or even 2 and dry hop. You can add them to your primary or secondary after fermentation and 5-7 days before bottling.

Back