Weekend project; upgrade Avanti Thermostat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SligoDrinkingClub

Reaction score
Picked up an Avanti BD6000 wicked cheap from a friend and lucked out with a $50 eBay Johnson Controls A419ABC-1 Digital Thermostat.

I want to remove the original thermostat and hard-wire the A419 in to control the compressor. There are several threads about this thermostat but I figured I'd ask if anyone have experience with this fridge. Thanks!

Finished. The wiring was easy and I mounted the unit on the back right corner, nothing by insulation behind the sheet metal.

The two pics are of the mounting and wiring, and of the location where the temp probe comes through. I used the old thermostat wiring hole on the front inside to zip-tie the sensor (it hangs another 3 or four inches down). Hope this helps anyone with this specific fridge.

image-2445655216.jpg

image-2754969324.jpg

I'm trying to do what you did here and I can't figure the wiring out. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Back