Snowmygod!! It's snowmageddon!!1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
I have been living in the Northeast for all 22 of my years on this planet, and every year I am baffled by the fact that people in the Northeast, despite having lived here for all or most of their lives, CANNOT DRIVE IN THE SNOW.

</rage>

Dude if you think people in the NE cannot drive in the snow, you ought to head down to North Carolina when it snows there. With even a light dusting of snow the sides of the road are littered with wrecked cars.

This is rampant everywhere. It's like some people just don't have the ability to figure it out. Although, the funny thing is when it rains here. Snow doesn't slow anyone down, they go about their business, but if it rains (which is not rare, but not often) people FREAK THE bless OUT! They stop driving, won't leave the house, order food in (I know, I run a pizza delivery business), and just generally act like the world is coming to an end. wtf.

Dude if you think people in the NE cannot drive in the snow, you ought to head down to North Carolina when it snows there. With even a light dusting of snow the sides of the road are littered with wrecked cars.

Down south, there's at least a little bit of an excuse because they're not used to snow. You'd think Vermonters would have a slightly higher level of proficiency at driving in the snow, but you'd be wrong.

If it rains hard there are mass slowdowns here in NC. If there's a hint of snow, you better be stocked up on bread and milk already, otherwise you will find bare shelves.

What amazed me when I was living in Eastern Washington was how it seemed everyone over there had mastered snow driving from having to do it all winter, but then when it would rain they'd all freak and slow down to about 10 mph.

What amazed me when I was living in Eastern Washington was how it seemed everyone over there had mastered snow driving from having to do it all winter, but then when it would rain they'd all freak and slow down to about 10 mph.

All of the Northerners down here for their 2nd houses do the same crap. It can be the lightest of sun showers and on their brake lights go. But it can down pour so hard I can't see more than 40 feet and these idiots don't even turn their lights on.

I've seen Germans drive under 40mph on the autobahn when the BRIGHT sun was out. You'd think they'd heard of sunglasses but apparently not. LOL

SC is terrible for snow drivers. Fortunately the majority of them stay home when it does snow. And I go around in my Jeep and get the rest of the fools out of the ditches. LOL

M_C

What gets me, is that I'll be driving 35 on the highway in near blizzard conditions, thinking this is way too fast.. and then there'll be some jackass in his 4x4 right on my ass, thinking he is invincible in that thing.. And you can't pull over, because if you do, you'll lose momentum and be stuck, so you just got to put up with the idiots...

Then once or twice every winter, you'll see a half dozen of these same idiots rolled over on their sides in a ditch... What makes it worse, you'd think they'd see the first two trucks rolled over, and then think 'maybe' they should slow the hell down!

They're usually people from down in the valley who are headed up to or back from eskimo hill for play in the snow.. And they're gonna come up here and show us all how it's done...

And then there's the idiot in the middle of the night, who's coming home from a bar drunk as a skunk, in a blizzard... They seem to drive cars that have an auto-magnetic attraction to the biggest tree in the forest....

When I lived up north my favorites were the guys in the huge 4x4 hauling ass on ice. They may be good for snow, but if you're on a sheet of ice it really doesn't matter what you're driving.

I've seen Germans drive under 40mph on the autobahn when the BRIGHT sun was out. You'd think they'd heard of sunglasses but apparently not. LOL

M_C

happens hear all the time.

but basically around washington if the weather isn't what it was yesterday people get scared.

also, r8rphan,
definitely saw at least one truck doing that today (about 29 out with 3 inches of ice/snow at night), following close enough it would be tailgating in pretty much any conditions.

Latest posts

Back