there are two types of beer... no?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuthin_original

Reaction score
so is it unreasonable to ask that there be a forum specifically devoted to lager, and one for just ale? ... just a suggestion.

Seems unnecessary to me. We don't have separate forums for each of the BJCP styles, nor for each type of wine. There aren't different forums for mead/braggot/melomel/pyment. None of these seem less significant than the differences between ale and lager. Oh, and let's not forget we'd need a third forum for gruit.

It's a valid suggestion, but I don't personally think that the differences between the two are significant enough to warrant another forum, but that's just my 2/-.

I don't think a lager forum is necessary. Any lagering questions can be answered in the general beer forum, equipment forum, all grain forum and the recipe forum.

What's your rationale for needing one? Do you feel that lager questions don't get answered, or are given some sort of short shrift?

I was just curious, I haven't had many lager questions, and any have been answered nicely. It just makes sense to me that there would be, thats all. :)

apparently homer has never had one of our black lagers ;)

If we were to split them up, what would we do about the hybrids? There are many beers that use ale yeast at low temps, lager yeast at high temps, blends of both yeast, etc.

There is really no difference between ale and lager except fermentation and conditioning. They brew exactly the same.

Back