johnson A419abc-1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeak

Reaction score
Hello all, i did a brief search but didnt find what i was looking for. I called a local controls store and told the salesman that i would be using a chest freezer for a keezer. He said they had the johnson A419abc-1 in stock in fairbanks. I am doing this over the phone and while i am supposed to be working. I had my wife pick up the controller. I thought i made myself clear that i wanted a control that the freezer just plugged into and the unit plugs into the wall. I guess johnson makes an A419abc-1C that is wired from the factory. I am not an electrician but i do have general contracting skills...that said, what am i going to be doing when i get home? am i splicing the new controller into the existing power cord of my freezer or into a panel of some sort? again, i realize i am not looking at the controller or my freezer at my desk right now, but i am hoping someone has used this particular model and can offer a few words.

Thanks,
Scott

Yeah, they dont come prewired unless ordered from Northern Brewer. I did my own though, its not that hard. There is a pic floating this forum somewhere that shows exactly how to do it. You'll need some wire/extension cord and some soldering skills. If you cant solder, you can use wire nuts. It's a tad small on the inside of the controller, so I ran small lengths of wire from all the inside connections to the outside of the housing, and wired it that way. Just make sure to tape it all off to avoid shorting. I dont have the link to the pic anymore, but I'm sure yuo can find it with a search. good Luck!

Thank you Paul. i found the diagram. I had just done a quick look online and found other controls that already had the plug ins. When she told me it had none i panicked. I was in and out of meetings and thought i would be in for a mess tonight. I dont get shipping as cheap or as fast as you fellas in the lower 48 so i hoped for a control here. I have all the stuff at home to do the job. I have a nut brown kegged, and a stout finishing fermenting so i am eager to get the keezer set up. Thanks again. Scott

Back