Good Brew Pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brew-4-Less has been selling these for a while now. I bought one several months ago to use as my new HLT. They are a decent set-up for the price. You'll end up paying a bit for shipping to Hawaii from PA though.

My Girl friend got me one of those for Christmas, I was a little worried about it developing hot spots because it it a thin gage SS, but it works great! the valve and thermometer are solid, no leaks. It works great for 7gal boils but more than that and its too full to get a boil going with out a boil over.

Bsquared said:
My Girl friend got me one of those for Christmas, I was a little worried about it developing hot spots because it it a thin gage SS, but it works great! the valve and thermometer are solid, no leaks. It works great for 7gal boils but more than that and its too full to get a boil going with out a boil over.

I was wondering about that ( hot spots) possibly scorching my wort. So I just use it to heat mash and spare water. Glad to hear you are having success boiling your wort with it.

The plastic melted off my ball valve handle the 1st time I used it and the dial on the thermometer is turning brown. I didn't know if that was something to be expected or not.

All in all and considering the price I'm happy with the purchase.

Back