Better Bottle Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerKach

Reaction score
Recently started brewing and purchased a 6 gallon "Better Bottle" with the racking spigot built in. I'm not sure who is familiar with this, but my question is.....

I like to use a primary only and wanted to know if it's cool to ferment and bottle straight out of the better bottles???

Thanks,

-Matt

BeerKach said:
Recently started brewing and purchased a 6 gallon "Better Bottle" with the racking spigot built in. I'm not sure who is familiar with this, but my question is.....

I like to use a primary only and wanted to know if it's cool to ferment and bottle straight out of the better bottles???

Thanks,

-Matt

Are you planning in using carb tabs?

Most people transfer from the the fermenter to a bottling bucket so that they can add priming sugar without disturbing everything that settles out in the primary.

Jester said:
Are you planning in using carb tabs?

Most people transfer from the the fermenter to a bottling bucket so that they can add priming sugar without disturbing everything that settles out in the primary.

No, I was going to let ferment and add sugar to the bottles when racking.

Thanks,

No, I was going to let ferment and add sugar to the bottles when racking.

Thanks,

I have read that people can bottle that way. I have also read that you can get variable amounts of carbonation due to varying amounts of sugar added to each bottle. I know everyone has there own style, so go for it if that's what you are set on doing. I recently have started bottling after 6 years of kegging and was going to do the same thing except use carb tabs in the bottles. After reading Revy's bottling sticky thread (linked below) I went the route of a bottling bucket and can't imagine anything simpler. Good luck and post back on how it went for you.

Bottling Tips and Tricks

I boil two cups of water and stir in my priming sugar. then add sugar water to my bottlong bucket. then rack the beer to my bucket, stir, and bottle.

Last month I primed a six pack worth with honey powder straight to the bottle to see what would happen. And yes it seemed that each bottle was a bit different. I would suggest using a bottling bucket if you can and prime the whole batch. But you will have beer non the less if you prime each bottle individually:)

Cool, thanks for the help guys. I will let you know how it turns out in a few weeks!

If anyone is interested, just had the beer we were talking about and it actually carbonated really nicely not to mention taste great. Really good head on the beer and perfect carbonation.

Back