Pilsener???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmorley

Reaction score
Hey.
Just a strange question, i've just started my second, thought i should try a pilsener, after a few days i have a yesty eggy smell, is this normal

Some yeasts put out a lot of sulfur as an off gas to fermentation. Some members refer to that as "Rhino farts."

Perfectly normal and it goes away in a few days.

i agree with the above posts. I almost always at some point during fermentation have a sulphur smell. Perfectly normal.

It's normal, but not usually terribly bad if you ferment at ideal fermentation temperatures for your yeast strain. If you ferment a lager yeast at ale temperatures, though, that'll really, really stink!

ah ok cool thanks, i've just a had a friend over who has been brewing for years, and he said basicaly what you have said. but he did suggest that i stir it, because the temp dropped a bit, but i have got the temp back up to around 22'C

advise on stirring?

ah ok cool thanks, i've just a had a friend over who has been brewing for years, and he said basicaly what you have said. but he did suggest that i stir it, because the temp dropped a bit, but i have got the temp back up to around 22'C

advise on stirring?

DON'T stir!

What yeast strain are you using? 22 c is getting high, even for ale yeast.

Back