Yaaay Getting a new Dehydrator for my Bday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thataintchicken

Reaction score
SWMBO's mom spilled the beans.
A brand New NESCO dehydrator is on the way!

I am so happy, I could leave a stain on the carpet. :rockin:

it's terrible. I have a list of things to make:

Cat treats
Dog treats
Dried Heirloom Tomato ( from garden ) to be used in place of tomato paste in recipes.

and so much more.

OMG.
SWMBO dehydrated my entire pepper stash and made the most incredible chile powder.

Bright side = I have chile powder
dark side = dammit, now I need another coffee grinder for %#$% coffee :)

Thread revival here. Have you used your dehydrator to dry hops? And how'd your hot peppers come out dried?

Nice! :)
Just reminded me that my Father has a 35cu.ft food dehydrator that I should use for something.

What does he use it for?

He does agricultural research and dries various seeds and grains in it. The last time I helped him with it we dried about 200 pounds of red chilis that he'd grown. I live in a good area for growing hops so I'm looking into it.

Thread revival here. Have you used your dehydrator to dry hops?

Yes, I have used my wife's dehydrator but not for hops. I dried some spent grain from my last couple of brews. I then use the dried grain in various bread recipes I've found on HBT and other sites. Works like a charm on the grain! I would think it would work well on fresh hops, also.

glenn514:mug:

Latest posts

Back