Detailed weldless bulkhead instructions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman42

Reaction score
I used some great DETAILED instructions from this site for building my MLT from a Gott cooler. They included a parts list and pictures. I'm now trying to add a weldless bulkhead and dip tube to my aluminum boil pot and am looking for some similarly detailed instructions. I've found lots of threads concerning this topic but haven't hit on the motherload thread with everything I need.

Is there such a thread? Am I better off going with a Bargain Fittings rig?

Thanks!

I used some great DETAILED instructions from this site for building my MLT from a Gott cooler. They included a parts list and pictures. I'm now trying to add a weldless bulkhead and dip tube to my aluminum boil pot and am looking for some similarly detailed instructions. I've found lots of threads concerning this topic but haven't hit on the motherload thread with everything I need.

Is there such a thread? Am I better off going with a Bargain Fittings rig?

Thanks!

I also wish someone would've responded a little quicker on this, but it's probably too late, huh? I would go with the bargain fittings bulkhead - that's what I'll be doing... just to KISS

Its pretty hard to price the individual parts less than you can get them at Bargain Fittings IMO. You have to buy things like the silicone O rings in bulk.

I used some great DETAILED instructions from this site for building my MLT from a Gott cooler. They included a parts list and pictures. I'm now trying to add a weldless bulkhead and dip tube to my aluminum boil pot and am looking for some similarly detailed instructions. I've found lots of threads concerning this topic but haven't hit on the motherload thread with everything I need. !

It's the exact same parts except you use a 3/8" close nipple instead of the 1 1/2" nipple. Then on the inside of the kettle, you can install 3/8" brass elbow instead of the hose barb. Alternately, you could work something up using a compression fitting or an adapter with a short length of copper tubing.

Back