Bug zapper, I love the outdoors.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
I don't know why never gotten one of these before, it works great. Every time I here a bug explode I think, "that little bugger would have bitten me and given me West Nile virus". If any of you are being held hostage by these little bastards, get a bug zapper.

No kidding. I have one hanging just outside my window; it's really good about getting the mosquitos. Now if I could do something about the flies that get into my house, I'll be happy.

Which zapper do you have? I use one of these when we go camping. although the camping we do is the primitive camping. It works FANTASTICALLY...

I don't know why never gotten one of these before, it works great. Every time I here a bug explode I think, "that little bugger would have bitten me and given me West Nile virus". If any of you are being held hostage by these little bastards, get a bug zapper.

I need one that works in the daytime for wasps & hornets, they're really bad around here & the traps don't work as well as they should.
Regards, GF.

WHY hornet trap
042853801007lg.jpg

this thing works great on hornets and wasps - there is a cotton ball in the bottom that you soak with their chemical, or you put some lunchmeat in it to 'rot' - fills up with hornets around here!

but the skeeters here are horrible this year. I've got to go get something for that.

WHY hornet trap
042853801007lg.jpg

this thing works great on hornets and wasps - there is a cotton ball in the bottom that you soak with their chemical, or you put some lunchmeat in it to 'rot' - fills up with hornets around here!

but the skeeters here are horrible this year. I've got to go get something for that.

I've got 2 of those in the backyard & another of a different design too. They work, but not very well. The other one catches more moths than wasps.

For the mosquitoes, we use deet on our body & clothing when out in the bush. Regards, GF.

I can just see sitting there watching the bug zapper with a case or two of home brew. "oh hey man,I just totally connected with that bug man. His buddy went poof,& he's like oh no! Can't puuulll uuu....oooiesh!" ...& the quarterback is toooast!:D

Back