cleaning corney kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killian

Reaction score
I have a few kegs that I used a long time ago and I never got around to cleaning them after the last use (I stopped kegging for a while). So now I'm trying to clean some pretty dirty kegs. I soaked them over night with hot water (as hot as my tap water would get) and Oxyclean, then scrubbed with a carboy brush. They are now some what clean but there is still some streaks of funk any ideas? I'm thinking of adding some boiling water sealing and shaking it up to coat all sides to loosen up the funk.

Get a long dowel and put a sponge on the end of it with a cable tie like this.

BetterBottleCleaner.jpg

It comes in very handy for those spots on the bottom that I cannot reach. Also, clean the kegs outside with some high pressure water to take care of the crude a hot soak in PBW cannot get.

After brewing, I fill my 20 gallon Blichmann up with water, heat to 160 degrees add PBW and it soaks clean in place. After an hour or so, I use the hot PBW to fill kegs for a soak too.

Get a long dowel and put a sponge on the end of it with a cable tie like this.

BetterBottleCleaner.jpg

It comes in very handy for those spots on the bottom that I cannot reach. Also, clean the kegs outside with some high pressure water to take care of the crude a hot soak in PBW cannot get.

After brewing, I fill my 20 gallon Blichmann up with water, heat to 160 degrees add PBW and it soaks clean in place. After an hour or so, I use the hot PBW to fill kegs for a soak too.

Reminds me of my college days cleaning bongs.

BE ADVISED - Drugs are bad. You shouldn't do drugs.

Back