Experimenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smint

Reaction score
Just wondering what kinds of weird fermentations have other people tried other than apple or grape juice? I'm new to this but fascinated and extremely curious what will happen with different juices and liquids that I ferment into alcoholic beverages :p

I'm thinking about these things to try:

Lemon juice, am thinking to use turbo yeast and try to make something similar to lemon celo
Fanta, or maybe even coke, even considered red bull haha.
Chocolate (maybe from hot chocolate)

I know this is a bit of a stupid thread for some of the hard core beer lovers here but thats why I put it in the chit chat forum! Most of these are for curiosity :) So has anyone else tried any weird things like this? How did they turn out? Are there any really good ones I havent thought of that turn out well?

Haha I actually thought you were making a joke that lemon wine would taste like pee, searched anyway and now I see :) Sounds interesting will give it a try!

Just sit down and talk to Creamy Goodness about the wonders of okra and his other "adventures". He is a brave man

Click on my pruno link.

I've seen people try to ferment anything and everything on this forum. I thought the ovaltine thread was fun. :D

I used turbo, aka distillers, yeast in my mad science attempt on skeeter pee. It was damn nasty. Salty and yeasty and salty. I let it sit a few months in the closet and some chilled in the fridge. Still nasty. The best it was even decent for was to mix with ice tea. That brought it to drinkable, once I had drank enough to catch a buzz.

This was the only time I've ever used it or tried to ferment lemon juice, because really, I did no justice to any skeeter pee recipe. It could have been all my fault.

What came out good though was just dumping a bunch of different 100% not from concentrate fruit juices into a bucket with some brown sugar and wine or champagne yeast. I forget which. It was sweet and tart. And 14%. Very easy to get soused on. I called it Kungaloosh. Named after a drink in WoW.

Back