Auberins rtd sensor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amurphyz

Reaction score
Question: what is the best way to splice rtd sensor wires? I bought the deluxe cable from auber and my cables came today, along with my pids and timer!! But I have a small problem, the short lead that is on the chassis mount side if the plug is not long enough to reach my pid's. So what is the best method? Will butt connectors work? Solder together and shrink tube them? I just don't want to mess up accuracy. Thank you everyone!!

You got the right probe. The RTD probe wiring can be easily extended using normal wire and wire splicing techniques. Just cut the leads and splice the added wire in, solder the connections (radio solder), insulate them (shrink tube) and you are good to go.

Now if you had purchased the Type K probe - the story would have been vastly different.

Go for it.!

PJ if I am not mistaken, I posted awhile back about the differences between the k type and rtd and I think you are the one that talked me into the rtd sensors. After reading more about them, I don't think I would be happy with the thermocouples. That's why I went with all auber equipment. You speak very highly of them in all of your posts ( and I have seen you disclaimer about not gaining anything from them, they're just that good) and I along with countless others respect your opinion and know you wouldn't steer anyone in the wrong direction. Thank you again for all of your help. With a little luck, maybe my spa panel will be here tomorrow and I can finish wiring this thing and fire it up this weekend, but I'm sure I'll have questions upon questions from here to there! Thanks again PJ.

amurphyz,

Thank you so much. You warm my heart and allow me to continue the support that I try my best to provide.

As you know, I will try my very best to help and support you in your adventure.

Thanks...

P-J

Back