30 gallon pot and 20 gallon HLT finished

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
Well just about I need to get another weldless to complete the boil pot so I can whirlpool with the march pump. Now that the holidays are over I can start on the RIMS system but this is what I did on a snowy Sunday.

HLT
NewHLT.JPG

Boil Pot
newboilpot.JPG

together just for sizing
new2.JPG

Don't think I will need glasses to see the temps . Its not 60° in the house I had just done the water test
new5.JPG

another view the QD are from Mcmaster that BobbyM recommended and they are very nice not SS but I can deal with it
new4.JPG

EDIT: doh the HLT is 15 gallons not 20 ..

Well they look good to me, nice work. I'm still getting my head wrapped around what I want to do, so it will be a while before I get a system like that going.

its a pain really trying to get the right setup .I have two keggles sitting in the garage have to see if my son or BIL are interested if not they go into the classifieds.The pots cut the heat time a lot I think its because the flat bottom and that Aluminum just conducts heat better all around. I have been using the HLT for about a month just got around to the weldless fittings

Hey Springer, pots look nice, 30 gallons is huge...

If you want to get rid of those keggles, I am interested!!!!

Are they cut with fittings already? What would you be looking for?

Hey Springer, pots look nice, 30 gallons is huge...

If you want to get rid of those keggles, I am interested!!!!

Are they cut with fittings already? What would you be looking for?

like I said I would have to see if there is interest by family who brew . But one keggle has a welded fitting . I bought it from Sabco I added one of BobbyM's sight glasses to it ,the other (coors keg) is drilled for weldless valve and sight glass . I used the parts from that keg for these .

30 gallons is big but I have been doing 10 gallon batches and I want to go larger only have so much time and brewing 15 or 20 takes just a little longer to do.

here's a couple replies...

1) that's a damn big thermo

2) nice bar!

Ya I like being able to see it from across the room . But I think it looks bigger than it really is it a 5 inch dial.

I like the bar but its going to be gutted this spring. Just don't like the placement of it .

Me likey.:)

that is pretty sweet, actually it is more than that but I can't show you my excitement because I am jealous.

and the 30 gallon pot was a freebie too..

this hobby is slowly taking over my life..:drunk: if it would just warm up a little here I can get the mig welder out and weld up the sculpture. I wont weld inside the garage just to much flammable stuff .

Latest posts

Back