Beer gas in Rochester NY?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I did a bunch of calling around and found the best bet for beer gas in Rochester. I ended up going with Danes Welding Supplies in Ontario (pretty much Webster).

www.danesweldingsupplies.com/
264 New York 104 Ontario, NY 14519
(585) 265-4427

I called Red Diamond Carbonic Company, which was the top result to a Google search for "beer gas rochester ny". They said they do not really do business to residential customers, its more commercial people. There are fees associated with everything so the guy said it wouldn't really make sense.

I called Beers of the World in Henrietta but their refill prices were more expensive and the cost model was more for rentals than homebrewers.

Here's the cost breakdown for Danes.

1x NEW 5# CO2 Cylinder with gas -
$90
1x NEW 5# Nitrogen Cylinder -
$80
Nitrogen gas -
$16.82
Hazardous material compliiance charge -
$1
NYS Tax -
$14.95
Total -
$202.77

Refills of CO2 are 11 bucks and Nitrogen is 16.80 for those that want to compare. I thought the price was pretty fair, considering buying new tanks online are similar price if not the same with shipping. But you'd probably end up doing better buying used ones and getting them filled there.

Back