Hefe I brewed last saturday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshtorres28

Reaction score
I brewewd a hefe last saturday and there is still kraussen a week later is that a bad sign?

I brewed a hefe a few weeks ago--my krausen lasted much longer than with any of my other beers. I think the carapils in it (which helps with head retention) is the cause. But I may be completely wrong here.

it's not a bad sign for a krausen to linger and there are lots of reasons why it would, or wouldn't.

My Hefe is my favorite for sure. Mine is usually done in 10-14 days however I always let it go for 4 weeks to clear up a bit. Had a couple bottles last night that still had the cloudy look but with very little yeast sediment.

Give it time, it will pay off

Toy4Rick

Thanks the others I have brewed the kraussen was gone when I checked the gravity for bottling so it kinda had me worried. I knew that hefe ferments pretty aggressivly so I had a blow off tube the firts few days.

Back