No Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K5MOW

Reaction score
Hi all

I just opend one of my American Amber Ale from Northern Brewers after being in the bottle now only about 8 days. I know this is not long enough but wanted to try one bottle. Well it has cabenated but there was no head. There was no head at all. The beer tasted very good. Do you all think the head will get better in time?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/american-amber-ale-extract-kit-2.html

thanks Roger

Thanks so much will all the info. I will wait and see how it gos in about 2 more weeks. I was concerned because all of my older batches had OK head at one week.

Roger

Disclaimer: I didn't read all of Revvy's link, so I don't know if this info is listed here, but part of head development is the state of the glassware (both bottle and pint glass). Stuff like Jet Dry ruins the head retention of glasses and bottles. I try to handwash my pint glasses and I never run my bottles through the dishwasher (or dishwasher "requires" Jet Dry).

Thoroughly clean your glasses with hot soapy water, and them rinse them VERY well. May not fix your problem, but could help out a little at least!

aggiejay06 said:
Disclaimer: I didn't read all of Revvy's link, so I don't know if this info is listed here, but part of head development is the state of the glassware (both bottle and pint glass). Stuff like Jet Dry ruins the head retention of glasses and bottles. I try to handwash my pint glasses and I never run my bottles through the dishwasher (or dishwasher "requires" Jet Dry).

Thoroughly clean your glasses with hot soapy water, and them rinse them VERY well. May not fix your problem, but could help out a little at least!

That is true, but in his case I think it just needs more time. 8 days isn't long enough.

I just wanted to say 3 Weeks later after this message. You were all so very right and I now have a great head and is carbonated very good. Thanks to all here.

Roger

Back