AHS Bavarian Hefeweizen -08 - Mini Mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FEARDIZ

Reaction score
I got a kit from AHS Bavarian Hefeweizen -08 - Mini Mash, it's suppose to have Weihenstephan Weizen 3068 yeast, but they sent Safale US - 05.. Is this the same thing or did someone mess up??

Thanks
John

FEARDIZ said:
I got a kit from AHS Bavarian Hefeweizen -08 - Mini Mash, it's suppose to have Weihenstephan Weizen 3068 yeast, but they sent Safale US - 05.. Is this the same thing or did someone mess up??

Thanks
John

Check your order - you'll see something analogous to this.

AHS Cream Ale on Tuesday 11 March, 2008
- Yeast Option: Wyeast All American Ale 1272
- Beer Bottle Caps: No
- Priming Sugar: Include Priming Sugar
- 1% Alcohol Boost: No Thanks
- BrewVint Yeast Fuel: No Thanks
- Ice Pack: Yes
- Kit Option: Mini-Mash

If your yeast option says Weihenstephan Weizen 3068 and they didn't ship it to you, then they messed up. If it says Safale US - 05, then you didn't request the liquid yeast.

I just bottled a Barvarian Wheat that I made with Weihenstephan Weizen 3068. This yeast gives a nice , spicy character that you certainly will not get with US-05. I use either US-05 or Nottingham for my pale ales and they are great, but in a heffe you need to use the proper strain for flavor.

I emailed AHS on easter Sunday, they responded the next day, and have shipped the correct yeast out to me.
+1 on customer service

Back