New Glarus Berliner Weiss - Love at First Taste!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indianhead_Brewer

Reaction score
I have been searching high and low for this beer for about a month in my neck of Wisconsin and the closest place I knew that had it was 45 minutes out of the way. Nonetheless I couldn't justify the drive just to pick up a 4 pack of this stuff so I made my peace that I wouldn't get to taste this May/June one off from New Glarus.

Well somehow the stars aligned two nights ago when I walked into the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner. Low and behold, there in the cooler sat New Glarus Berliner Weiss. It was like fate and I could not pass up this opportunity to buy this beer.

I have patiently waited and tonight was the night. My 5 year old caught a bunch of panfish this afternoon that I fried up and I knew this Berliner Weiss was going to be the perfect pairing with the catch of the day. Was I right. This beer is delicious and I am in love with it.

Berliner Weiss is a new style for me so I am pretty excited and will undoubtedly be seeking out more of it as well as other Berliner Weiss. All I can say that this is a thing of beauty. Crisp, tart, and refreshing. I feel sorry for those of you in other parts of the country who can't get your hands on this gem of the Upper Midwest.

I hear ya man! I was always a little leery of sour beers. I bought a 4 pack of this on a whim a couple weeks ago and I was instantly hooked. I've tried a couple other berliners (not to mention other sours) since then, and the New Glarus is right at the top of the list.

I have to agree with you about feeling sorry for people that cant get this beer, or any New Glarus beers for that matter. People around here are all about the Spotted Cow, but I think a lot of them are missing out on many of the other really solid beers form NG.

Back