Coffee Imperial Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

45_70sharps

Reaction score
I wanted to try uploading a beersmith file.
Every recipe that I found is all typed out nice with notes, but it would be nice to be abe to just download a beersmith file if it looks good.

I got this recipe from BYO magazines web site. It looks worth trying but I haven't done it yet myself. I just wanted to try uploading the file so I picked one that I wanted to type in for myself, but none of my personal recipes are anything I thought would be worth sharing.

I copied the file in text format, and I'm going to attach the file.

Coffee Imperial Stout

5 gal/19L, all-grain; OG: 1.067; FG: 1.016; IBU: 70; SRM: 35

Ingredients:
• 8.0 lbs. (3.9 kg) 2-row pale malt
•2.25 lbs. (1 kg) crystal (60–80° L)
•1.5 lbs. (0.7 kg) wheat malt
•1.25 lbs. (0.6 kg) chocolate malt
•0.5 lb. (0.2 kg) roasted barley
•0.5 lb. (0.2 kg) black patent malt
•18.75 AAU Northern Brewer hops (bittering) (2.5 oz./71 g of 7.5% alpha acids)
•1.5 oz. (42 g) finishing hops (Northern Brewer or Cascade)
•15 oz. (445 mL) of espresso
•Ale yeast (your choice)

Mash in all grains at 149° F (65° C). Hold until converted, about 1 hour. Mash off at 170º F (77° C) and begin lautering. Sparge to achieve eight gallons (30 L) of wort. Bring to a boil and add 2.5 oz. (71 g) boiling hops. Total boil is 70 minutes. After the boil, turn off the heat and add 1.5 oz. (43 g) finish hops for five minutes. Cool to 70º F (21° C) and ferment with ale yeast.

Original gravity goal is 17.5° Plato (1.069 SG). Terminal gravity will be pretty high, approximately 1.016. Add espresso at end of primary fermentation, bottle and enjoy!

View attachment Coffee Imperial Stout.bsmx

Back