Happy friday!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghosthef

Reaction score
Happy Friday to all...may your brews this weekend be excellent...getting ready to transfer to secondary...then a mountain bike ride. This is the beer that had a bit of a
blow out...last time I will not rig a blowoff tube...now I get to install wood floors that carpet it trashed...

image-930236914.jpg

Havin some beers tonight because tomorrow I test both batches again for FG. Need to bottle & wash the yeast for the next batch asap.

Already cleaned and repainted the ceiling:/

Tasted the beer...slight sour taste so I'll see if it mellows out in secondary.

Ha! My wife loves me...I get to convert half the garage to a brew facility!

Anyone here have experience with burton ale yeast (WLP023)?

I made a Burton ale once,but didn't use the Buerton water salts I bought. Nor the Burton ale yeast. I'm going to change the AE recipe to PM,& add the Burton water salts & the WL Burton ale yeast as well. Try to get it a notch or two better this time. But the brew will be anything but cheap.
What bothers me about the Burton yeast is,among the fruity flavors it makes,it also makes a gren apple flavor. Judges might observe this as a flaw,rather than one of the yeasts' esters.

Back