The start of a Keg to Keggle conversion....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerguyNC61

Reaction score
So after following all the awesome builds here I have decided to start my build. I scored three kegs last week and started converting them... Here are a couple of pictures. I followed PassDawns's jig and thanks to Hoppo for the info. All three tops came off very easy. The biggest opening I could cut though was only 11 inches, I kept the guard in place. This was my first time using a angle grinder so I wasnt sure about taking the guard off.

If you want to see more pictures I can post more.....
I will be going electric and building a Kal clone maybe, I like the options of the BCS 460 too... so many choices so lil money!!! :)

Brew on.......

:ban:

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

Yea I guess 2 hours hauling the kegs is kind of far.... Thanks for the offer! I might end up going weld less anyway if it would work.

Nice work my man! :mug: Glad to see you are making progress. I was able to finish the majority of my keg conversion this evening, so I need to build my heating element components and then it's on to controls. :rockin:

Thanks Hoppo!
No wow factor yet like yours..... I will start the polishing next weekend and go from there. It will be a slow progress.

I did this with them......using them as the lids. Still working on a way to fill the dip tube holes. I'll let you know when I come up with something. :mug: I've also seen some guys turn them into false bottoms, but that's waaaay too much work for me!

So after following all the awesome builds here I have decided to start my build. I scored three kegs last week and started converting them... Here are a couple of pictures. I followed PassDawns's jig and thanks to Hoppo for the info. All three tops came off very easy. The biggest opening I could cut though was only 11 inches, I kept the guard in place. This was my first time using a angle grinder so I wasnt sure about taking the guard off.

If you want to see more pictures I can post more.....
I will be going electric and building a Kal clone maybe, I like the options of the BCS 460 too... so many choices so lil money!!! :)

Brew on.......

:ban:

Who the hell is PassDawn? Sounds like a copycat.

oops sorry Passedpawn!! LOL was going by memory recall guess a case of CRS is setting in.......

Thanks to Passedpawn!!

Latest posts

Back