carrot cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigStone777

Reaction score
I post this almost jokingly, but i was also wondering opinions... is fresh carrot juice able to be fermented? In theory, could one make carrot mead or carrot cider?
Hm, i might try to make a pint or at most a gal of carrot cider just to see. If its nasty, it could make a good white elephant gift...

Yes, and I believe Orfy made a carrot wine. I've never made it, but I would if I had enough carrots. I have a recipe somewhere in a book that I'll try to dig up later today. (I have an appointment in about 15 minutes!)

I post this almost jokingly, but i was also wondering opinions... is fresh carrot juice able to be fermented? In theory, could one make carrot mead or carrot cider?
Hm, i might try to make a pint or at most a gal of carrot cider just to see. If its nasty, it could make a good white elephant gift...

I've always loved fresh carrot juice from the juicer, and even better is adding a couple apples to the mix - apple/carrot juice is heavenly!!! Well, just think about the possibilities - hard apple cider is great; why not add carrots and a little honey for a carro-cyser !!!

So I just tried a batch of apple carrot cider. Has honey, but only about half cup dry mes. Cup. For a half gal batch I used macintost and granny smith apples and 3 carrots. Pasturized and topped up with water. Email me for full recipe if you would like to try it. Im only.going to ferment for a couple days and bottle. Ill keep you guys posted

ForumRunner_20120718_171902.jpg

That is a great way of getting your inbox spammed, if not worse. If you're giving out your e-mail publicly, do it like this: "bla_bla_@_gmail_.com (remove all the _)" or something similar. Expecially if your passwords are weak. Often people go to forums, browse the user list and try a username and use their nickname backwards as password. If it works, and there are always people with stupid passwords - they will try your e-mail too.

Edit: removed his e-mail from my post.

Onihige said:
That is a great way of getting your inbox spammed, if not worse. If you're giving out your e-mail publicly, do it like this: "bla_bla_@_gmail_.com (remove all the _)" or something similar. Expecially if your passwords are weak. Often people go to forums, browse the user list and try a username and use their nickname backwards as password. If it works, and there are always people with stupid passwords - they will try your e-mail too.

Thanks for the advice. I changed it I hope that works

So I just tried a batch of apple carrot cider. Has honey, but only about half cup dry mes. Cup. For a half gal batch I used macintost and granny smith apples and 3 carrots. Pasturized and topped up with water. Email me for full recipe if you would like to try it. Im only.going to ferment for a couple days and bottle. Ill keep you guys posted

This sounds like a great experiment & I'd like to try some carrot cyser myself. Krausen, please email me your recipe: anplica(at)gmail(dot)com. Anyone else have tips for how much carrot juice to add to a standard cyser recipe for a newbie?

Thanks!

Hi,
Just about to ferment many 1 gallon of cider to try different blend recipe and i was thinking of apple, carrot ginger. This is an awesome juice when done in the juicer so i was wondering once fermented... Any one can share the final results on their experiment?
Thanks

Never tried blending carrots with apples except perhaps in a salad but I have a gallon of carrot wine (made from commercially produced carrot juice) that has cleared brightly and is a lovely golden color. Just about ready to bottle. For the record, it does not taste like carrot juice. I guess it tastes like... carrot wine. It is quite drinkable, dry, but not something that I would necessarily serve at a fancy meal... Might go well with a Greek pizza (uses filo dough) or with squash stuffed with quinoa, mushrooms and dried tomatoes.

All the orange color settled out of my mead. It didn't taste anything like the juice. It had a mineral tast to it. Not unpleasant, but nothing I would seek out or try to recreate.

All the orange color settled out of my mead. It didn't taste anything like the juice. It had a mineral tast to it. Not unpleasant, but nothing I would seek out or try to recreate.

I have a gallon batch that I did as well. It's a cooked carrot aroma and quite bitter. Carrots are pretty bitter, so it makes sense. It actually dropped super clear and has a yellow huge to it, kind of like saffron. Overall, it's interesting. I'm thinking of adding cinnamon just to see what happens...

Back