Wet hopped IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freisste

Reaction score
What does wet hopped mean? I had a beer from North Peak Brewery in northern michigan. It's called Hoodoo. Fantastic double IPA. But I have no idea what wet hopping is.

Also, I'd love to try to brew some, but I have no idea how to go about attempting...

"Wet hopping" is done in the fall, after the hops harvest. Instead of drying the hops, and then using them, the hops are used off the vine. It makes for a different beer.

I grow 8 different varieties of hops, and wethopping is fun to do.

Generally speaking, youre going to have a hard time sourcing fresh hops. Best bet is to start growing some now. Hopefully youll have enough for a batch come fall of 2014

Wow. I never would have guessed. I was trying to figure out what the opposite of dry hopping was and I was getting nowhere...

Thanks, all. I think I will just keep tasting beers until i find another i really like that someone already figured out a clone recipe for.

Back