How Much Would it Cost For Kegging Equipment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewrican

Reaction score
I have a current home brew setup and just bottled my first beer. I am curious to know exactly what I can expect to purchase for a keg setup.

How much would it cost?
Exactly what would I need?

Thanks for your help. I just need to know what I need to talk the wifey into :) I want to use the freezer chest that we are getting for free for some kegs. :rockin:

This is too broad of a question. Do you want the minimum number? Or do you want a price for the full shebang with kegerator setup? For the kegerator part, count on $100 per tap (conservative). You may be able to find a CO2 tank for cheaper than retail so ~$40-80. Corny kegs typically run $30 a pop. I'm not sure on regs off the top of my head. Do a search for keezer and/or kegerator to get some ideas.

What more can i provide you with so that everyone can better answer? I would like to do about 3 or 4 kegs total... depending on the price, i may only want to do 2 kegs total. What is needed / different about a 2 keg setup vs a 3 keg setup?

Thanks for your help! I am just trying to get an idea of cost to see if it is something that I want to invest in.

Well, say you want to do 4 kegs worth:

Chest freezer - $200
4 taps and shanks - $100
4 cornies - $120
CO2 tank and regulator - $100
Lines, disconnects, etc. - $25
Drip trays (optional) - $50
Collar - $15

So all told, you're probably looking at about $600. The above setup is what I have, and it's worth every penny.

I think the 4 taps and 4 shanks will cost you a bit more than $100. I just bought mine yesterday, and spent $202.59 shipped for 4 regular shanks and 4 perlick forward seal faucets. These faucets are superior to the regular faucets because they do not stick and are machined from 100% stainless. If you go here:

Restaurant Supplies at Superior Products - The Name You Trust, The Choices You Need.

The perlicks are very cheap from that site and it is only around 5-6 bucks to upgrade. I thought it was worth it.

So all told, 4 taps and 4 kegs, I think $600-700 could get you there if you ordered everything today. If you are patient and watch ebay/craiglist/here, you may be able to do it cheaper. If I were you, I would get clearance for $800, and then you will not have to worry or cut corners.

Cheers!

Back