Looking for Alaskan Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmugMug

Reaction score
I'm trying to find an extract or partial mash recipe for an Alaskan Red Ale. There's big difference (to me anyway) between an Alaskan and a traditional as it has a bigger feel to it. Any help is very welcome.

No luck with the search tool.

I have tried alot of beers up there but have never tried the red. Is it from the Alaskan brewing company? Have you tried there web sight for any hints?

The red has a very full body and heavy "mouthy" feel. Exremely smooth and has a little kick in the nuts. This is about all I can extract from their site:
Original Gravity: 1.054, ABV 5.3%, Bitterness: 18 IBU, Color 22 SRM

And actually it's an Amber....but it's a little more serious than most.

I "grew up" on Alaskan Amber (and in Juneau). It was their flagship beer, and is still one of their best. Wish I could find it here in WI, but I'll be moving to OR soon where it is abundant.

post what you think of it when all is said and done.

And actually it's an Amber....but it's a little more serious than most.

O.K. now I know what beer you are talking about. You said red and I thought it might be an Irish red or something I have not seen yet. Amber is a good beer.

Back