Potential Kegerator: Magic Chef MCBR465S

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings, everyone!

I am buying this Magic Chef #MCBR465S mini-fridge from someone who is moving:

http://www.mcappliance.com/productdetailpage.aspx?ModelName=MCBR465S

I read on the forums here that a few people have used it for a kegerator, although one person extended it to hold 4 kegs and one person said it only "almost" holds 2 kegs.

I will settle for one keg, but I really, really want 2. My ideal setup would be 2 kegs with a top tower.

1. Is this possible? Could I maybe extend the face or somehow cut out the door shelves and replace them with a flat panel of some kind of material? I read that a 4.4 cu ft. capacity fridge would fit 2 corny kegs. This one is 4.5. Will they not fit because of that temp control thing stuck on the side there?

2. Would it be better to have door-mounted taps instead of the top tower because of the cooling lines, or can I use the cornstarch/alcohol method to find them?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much for your time!

-Christine

Welcome to HBT!

I did all the above. Took out the door panel and replaced it with a piece of plywood. I took the thermostat off the side, connected the correct wires, and wired up a Love temp controller. I fit 2 kegs in my fermenatrix that way.

B

Rock and roll! Pics, please? I checked your gallery, but no joy.

I have to wait until I move, I think... but that's in a week and a half.

Back