Great time bottling 15g (super sarcastic)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primetime

Reaction score
Last night was bottling night...oh the joy.
I talked my wife into helping, which is a job in itself.
I decided that i would finish off 3 batches, so they would be ready for the superbowl.
I started at 7pm.......can you guess what time I was done with the clean up?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
??
?
?
??
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
12:00am....I was so tired after.

The 1st batch went smooth, then it started going down hill from there. I managed to knock a bootle off the counter, bounce off my head and break on the floor. Great..... glass and sticky beer mixture. My wife cornered me into charging some new shoes online or she was going to quit half way thru. The whole thing was tiresome. I know everyone here says, keg, keg , keg. I do keg but I also want to have beer to take places or give out, plus the beer in the keg never last all that long. How will I ever know if the beer gets better with age if I don't bottle?

Anyways it was great fun, can't wait to repeat the process friday, with the last 3 waiting. Wonder what she will want to be bribed with this time.....

Wow. Five hours to bottle 3 batches? With an assistant? I can't see this taking more than 2, even with a spill.

Very cool, though, that you've 6 batches to bottle inside a week! When they're carbed, look out! Might need some help with that! :tank:

Wow. Five hours to bottle 3 batches? With an assistant? I can't see this taking more than 2, even with a spill.

Two hours for roughly 150 bottles... That seems like very little time. You would have to bottle 1.25 beers per min and that doesn't count cleaning, syphoning, boiling priming sugar... For three different batches.

It takes me about 90 min to do a batch on my own.

Back