Barrel tapped kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newb

Reaction score
Step one removed the door and cut shelving off.
Scraped foam insulation out to fit sanke(for cony only use, you could even skip this step making it a much shorter build)
Once the insulation was off the door to make space for the keg, I built a wood frame around the outside. Closed with plywood then drilled holes from the inside to fill with spray insulation.
Where the light was inside on the back wall I removed the light (and removed all the wiring for the light with the fridge unplugged haha) then pushed my co2 line through, then out the back of the fridge.
Put a 2" hole in the top of the fridge for the bev line
For the barrel, I cut a square in the back, and made a trap door
Installed the shank in the face then insulated the inside
Liquid nails to mount down two little wedges cut from 2/4 on either side of where the barrel was going
Put silicone window seal all around the hole for the bung and around the 2" hole in the top of the fridge and place the barrel down lining up the holes
From down in the fridge I drilled up into the barrel with one screw to help hold it down steady, put screws on the wood wedges and through a rope across also to help hold in place,
Dropped bev line through the holes and attached to tap with beer nut/quick disconnect so I can also switch to cornys

image-2219785176.jpg

image-3881623268.jpg

image-3615638433.jpg

image-2816236180.jpg

image-676660631.jpg

image-1028246517.jpg

image-3472082225.jpg

image-628913127.jpg

image-1622858953.jpg

One more shot head on, with the door closed and painted.

image-110034904.jpg

Back