Firestone Challenger VI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

physast

Reaction score
I did a search and could not find an answer to this. I have a firestone keg which I have some questions about.

1. The lid is different from the other corny kegs I have are they interchangeable? My firestone does not have a plastic gas tube. The reason I ask is because the pressure relief valve is no longer made for this top.

2. The keg post seem to be interchangeable from the Cornelius post (at least they fit) and the poppets also seem to work , but are not as snug. Would I be safer just to buy the correct post and poppets?

Thanks for the info!

i don't know if mine is the exact same as yours, but are your posts deeper in the inside? mine require a separate, white plastic washer to sit on top of the liquid/gas tube. mine has a plastic gas tube, but i plan to replace it with a stainless one. i don't think the lids are interchangeable as the shape is different, but the seals sold for normal ones seem to work fine.

here's a short thread i just posted dealing with the same thing. there is a link with parts for these kegs.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/weird-corny-posts-124838/

It sounds like you have an older challenger keg. I have the challenger VI which does not have the plastic gas tube nor the spacers.

I might end up selling it just to be able to have all my kegs ue the same parts. But first id like to know if they are interchangeable.

The poppets are different.
Poppet valves

I have an old firestone or two. Some of the lids I have don't fit the Firestones. I have to swap a few around to get one to seal. One thing I have noticed is some lids fit better one way than the other.

HTH
B

Back