***** hair in my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrdinaryAvgGuy

Reaction score
No matter how hard I tried, I managed to get 3 or 4 ***** hairs in my fermenter. Should I try to fish them out and risk contaminating my beer or just leave them there? Will it hurt anything.

Any other cat owners out there?

No matter how hard I tried, I managed to get 3 or 4 ***** hairs in my fermenter. Should I try to fish them out and risk contaminating my beer or just leave them there? Will it hurt anything.

Any other cat owners out there?

I take it that HBT doesn't like the word *****?

Leave 'em. It's fine. The yeast should win.

EDIT: Haha...opposing advice. Point: take your pick, not a big deal either way, IMO.

Leave 'em. It's fine. The yeast should win.

EDIT: Haha...opposing advice. Point: take your pick, not a big deal either way, IMO.

The only reason I'd do that is cause it would gross me out if I left them in there. I have no idea if it would hurt the beer or not.

I'm not an expert on infection (not had one yet, knock on wood), but I would think any damage they would cause has already been done. I'd leave them.

We have a dog & a cat. I hate it when pet pubes get in my buckets & all. Damn hard time trying to wipe them out before using to sanitize. I'd fish them out myself. I'd hate to be pouring a beer with others,& have them get a p***y hair in their glass.:drunk::D

We have a dog & a cat. I hate it when pet pubes get in my buckets & all. Damn hard time trying to wipe them out before using to sanitize. I'd fish them out myself. I'd hate to be pouring a beer with others,& have them get a p***y hair in their glass.:drunk::D

I can only think of one circumstance where eating a p***y hair would be okay.:D

I have two cats and the last time I filled my Boil Kettle with water, It looked as though my cat went swimming in the water, I was pissed cause I dumped it all out twice. I found out the culprit was a towel, that I used to wipe it dry. Never doin that again, haha

I have two pvssies in my house (three if you count SWMBO). I don't think I've eaten a meal in the past 8 years that didn't contain some pvssy hair.

Just live with it.

I have two pvssies in my house (three if you count SWMBO). I don't think I've eaten a meal in the past 8 years that didn't contain some pvssy hair.

Just live with it.

So what you are saying is to just eat the pvssy hair?

Don't rip my head off but I hate cats. Get rid of the cats and problem solved

I mean I don't have any problems with the cat but I keep on telling my wife that if she didn't stroke the pussie so much we wouldn't have these types of problems.

Every time I turn around she is playing with it. I keep tellin' her that if she don't stop being so rough with her she will soon be a bald pussie.

I have three of the little fleabags, and this monstrosity:

attachment.php

I'm thinking of naming "the Brewery", "Hair of the Dog"

Nikki's Camers Photos 010.jpg

Thanks for all the advice.

I just wanted to ensure that damn pussie didn't give me some nasty infection...

The hair will stay.

Well alrighty then........um....Maybe brew outside..or maybe open ferment with the wild ***** hair you have rolling through you house like tumble weeds;) Sorta like a lambic only nastier:cross:

Hahaha creative thread title. I have two black cats and their hair gets EVERYWHERE. I do my best to keep it out of my brews but it's inevitable. It hasn't caused any major problems for me yet.

Back