Carbonation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbaysden1

Reaction score
So I force carb all of my beers and seems to come out great, however when I bottle them from the keg and drink after a week or so after it seems flat in the bottles? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Rob-

bottle 1 gallon of the beer unprimed and use priming tabs or table sugar per bottle...Then you get some bottle conditioned beers.

Or just bottle condition the entire batch :)

After you have reached the carbonation volume you want, allow your beer to sit at serving pressure in the keg for a week. When you fill from the tap, have the bottles at or below the temperature of your beer, fill by attaching tubing to the tap that extends to the bottom of your bottles, never push the beer harder than serving pressure and cap the bottles imediately.

So I force carb all of my beers and seems to come out great, however when I bottle them from the keg and drink after a week or so after it seems flat in the bottles? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Rob-

It's just like if you open a 2 liter of soda, after a few days it goes flat. Same goes for beer.

A lot of places I buy growlers from have a notice on the side that it should be drank within two days.

Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone. I only have a few 22 ounce bottles since I just keg. I just finished a beer competition and an overall average forum beers was a little flat. However I did really well in the other categories. I will just save a gallon to bottle and try the drops, is it 30 days to let them carbonate?

Back