If you had these ingredients how would YOU brew the recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottmd06

Reaction score
Alright guys Im left with 3lbs Extra Light DME, 2lbs Amber DME, 1/2lb Crushed Wheat Malt, and some Cascade Hops. How would YOU construct a recipe with just these ingredients? Be specific because I just might be brewing your ideas tonight!

Steep wheat malt 20 minutes or longer in a grain bag at 150-155°F. Remove grain, DON'T SQUEEZE, remove from heat. Sir in all DME until dissolved. Return to high heat. At first sign of boil, hit it with an ounce of Cascade. Boil 45 mins. 1 More ounce Cascade. Boil 15 mins. Remove from heat, add 1 more ounce Cascade, and begin cooling immediately. Pitch whatever yeast you've got, according to package instructions.

You've got a lightish American Amber that should come in about 1.047 and 30ish IBU.

EDIT: Eh... more like an APA.

Great! I ended up picking up 1lb Wheat Grain, 1lb Amber, 3lb Extra Light and only 1oz of Willamette Hops... So I will have to adjust a little. Thanks!

Is it really worth it - steeping wheat malt? (I'm assuming your using malted wheat) I understand it that wheat should be mashed which would lead me to use a pound or two of wheat DME rather than steeping it.

Back