Brew Calendar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay8s

Reaction score
I am trying to put a calendar together so I can better buy grains, as well as pitch on yeast cakes from previous beers. With a kiddo on the way I am going to be strategically brewing once every three months over a whole weekend. Does anyone have an outline of how ya'll plan your brews? Any insight on prepairing this would be a great help. I have a month to get this next year set up. THANKS!!!

Jay8s

the first few months aren't going to be too bad. The mostly sleep and eat during this time. Stock up on brew now so you have something when people come over to see the baby. After that I wouldn't schedule your brew days too far out in advance. When you get some time or a day off do it. Just be sure to have the SWMBOs blessing.

I like to flip the calender to the next month or two and see whats going on. Then if I see a B day or something marked I can have some beer ready. two weeks ago I bottled some ale for a B day party for one of my girls next month. she's going to be 10 and her friends parents will want a few beers as they play games and clober the pin-ata with a base ball bat. and that reminds me I need to get on the halloween and x-mas beers soon.

I use Google Calendar to visually schedule my brews. Every event is marked as an all-day, as I'm not *that* organized to micromanage my day to the minute.

I usually create events for brew, rack 2nd, dry hop, keg & carb. Once you make one, you can copy the event to the calendar, edit the preface and date, and adjust any reminders you may need. I have mine nag me at my cell phone for the important things like dry hopping in/out.

This lets me see where a beer is in the process, and I can plan ahead by counting back the appropriate weeks for holidays and special days. Moving brew events around is as easy as dragging it.

Thanks for the input guys. I need to find a good list of what to brew, and get this set up, so I can order 6 months worth of grains.

Back