10 gallon Rum Barrel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much are the five gallon barrels? Can I will call? Do you have any pictures of them? Thanks.

Farm house brew rum barrel being filled with 9 gallons on Russian Imperial Stout

rum 1.JPG

Damn....wish I would have gotten the 10 gallon instead of the 5 gallon. I'm gonna need more anyway for my barleywine's, wee heavy, and sours.

Can you give us some guidelines on using these barrels? Like to rinse or not? How long to leave different styles in them? Use an airlock or bung? Do you need to top up periodically? Etc.?

Thanks

Can you give us some guidelines on using these barrels? Like to rinse or not? How long to leave different styles in them? Use an airlock or bung? Do you need to top up periodically? Etc.?

Thanks

This is a little bit long, but it does provide some good info.

Brew Your Own: The How-To Homebrew Beer Magazine - Projects and Equipment - A Barrel of Fun

Please let me kow if you have any barrels left, and cost including shipping to 97135. Thanks!

Thanks for helping him out guys, I think I will have 2 10's and a couple 5's next week. If you want one pm me with zip code.

Cheers

Back