Can't get my fridge warmer than 35 degrees

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
JUst converted a full-size fridge. Won't get warmer than 35 degrees.

Do I need a external controller like the Johnson Controls one? Or is 35 degrees OK?

Seems I may need slightly less beer line than originally expected.

35's too cold...I can't believe that it won't stay warmer than 35f. That's too close to freezing for me! I'd surmise that yes, you do need an external controller.

35 is a little cold, but it will be fine if you don't want to buy a controller right away. Just pour two glasses and let one sit while you're enjoying the cold one.

My kegarator used to be my mom's old fridge, though it wasn't very old at all, it would freeze everything, even at the highest settings. She got a new fridge, I just use an external controller to keep my beer at a nice 42°F.

Thanks all. I will just get a control. What is the optimal temp, if there is one?

ghart999 said:
Thanks all. I will just get a control. What is the optimal temp, if there is one?

This is a guide to line balancing, but it gets into basic temps and C02 volumes for different types of beer. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what optimal is - depends on your tastes.

Back