One tap kegorator...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good or pointless?

• Yes

• No

• Draught beer is Draught beer you jackass!

Results are only viewable after voting.

jjasghar

Reaction score
One tap kegorator... good or pointless?

edit: crap... :p
sed -e s/yes/good/g -e s/no/pointless/g

if that is all you can get right now, than that is good enough. it is always nice to have more faucets and kegs in your kegerator, but starting with one is just fine.

It's a start and kegging it worth the effort. I built mine with two taps, then added two more about a year later.

If you're gonna mix kegging and bottling, then one's probably OK. Otherwise, you're stuck with one kind of beer until it's gone (or you're jockeying kegs all the time).

I have two, plus 2-3 picnic taps in another fridge...still not enough ;)

The ideal setup for me:

A two tap (public) system upstairs with two haus favorites and a chest freezerator down in my work shop with 5 additional taps for my favorites.

Kegger.JPG

I have my taps now, but haven’t taken pics lately
Chest_6.JPG

I think most people start with one. Even if you don't add another, you can keep your fast moving styles on tap an bottle the rest.

Hmmm, one tap or none.......

One Tap or a poke in the eye with a sharp stick........Hmmmm.

One Tap or a kick in the huevos.....Hmmmm

Welcome to kegging! Starting with one tap is a start none the less. :D

BierMuncher said:
The ideal setup for me:

A two tap (public) system upstairs with two haus favorites and a chest freezerator down in my work shop with 5 additional taps for my favorites.

That's what I need to do. I need a freezer keg setup for the other 4 beers ready to tap. I also need another 7 or so kegs...

It's much easier when you just brew the same one or two styles... :)

Oh for the OP. Try a 2 faucet tower. Even a mini fridge will hold 2 cornies.

That 48-50 less bottles you'll have to wash/sanitize/sugar carb/fill and cap (1+ hrs) vs 1 really big bottle you sanitize/fill (10 min).

Unless you enjoy that sort of thing! :p :tank:

Oh yea, cool factor for friends etc is priceless. Even if it's only 1.

Back