Nice Price on 1 1/4" Greenlee Chassis Punch $59 New

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgonza9

Reaction score
I decided to pick up a greenlee punch for the new keggle I'm putting together. While many methods work, drilling out a 1.25" hole with a step bit can be a PITA. I need a new bit, too. So hopefully this will be a good solution.

Check out THIS LINK

I thought the price was good and shipping only added $6.50.

I was looking at sets on ebay, but couldn't find the Chassis punches, only the conduit ones. Hope it helps someone out.:D

I punched two holes in a keg with this punch today. Worked great took about 30 seconds of ratcheting per hole. The draw stud showed a bit of wear after two holes, so that may not last forever.

But wow. I mean, about 1/50th the effort of the step bit.

I punched two holes in a keg with this punch today. Worked great took about 30 seconds of ratcheting per hole. The draw stud showed a bit of wear after two holes, so that may not last forever.

But wow. I mean, about 1/50th the effort of the step bit.

Your link directs to a replacement punch part. It seems that this is what you would actually need:

http://www.blackbookoftools.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=145563

I assume it was just much cheaper when you bought it?

Back