Garden Tea Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFRich12

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! My wife and I like to make garden tea from the spearmint that grows by the barn. We use honey from our bee hive to sweeten the tea. so i thought wouldn't it be good to make a sweet mead with tea instead of water. any thoughts? only going to do a small batch but think it could be pretty good.

I am interested to know how your tea turned out. I bet it was lovely. I have lots of honey and peppermint. Should i give it a try?

i would, could be tasty! i would made the tea a little stronger than i normally would have. i was trying to insure some tea flavor in the background. if it doesn't taste i might put some in the secondary like oak chips...

Iv recently made a batch with sweet tea (suger instead of honey) turned out great :).when you brew make the tea extra strong as you'll lose some favor/color during the brewing process.

Back