Beer Jumper Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awarner322

Reaction score
Quick question for making a beer jumper to go from a 5 gal to 3 gal keg. Do I want to connect the beer out post on the donor to the air in or beer out post on the accepting keg?

thanks

Don't have experience with it, but if I were just transferring, I'd go out to out since that will keep your beer from splashing around into the 3gl since it'll fill from the bottom. But if you properly purged it with CO2 first, then it shouldn't matter and out to in should be OK.

If you're piggy backing them, as in the 2 are full, then gas to in, out to in and out to tap (although I don't know why anyone one would need to do this?:confused:)

Just made a jumper a few weeks ago. Beer out to beer out. I usually seat the keg lid on the keg thats getting the beer, release about 1/2 the pressure, then hook up the jumper, then the gas.

Ok thanks just making sure...another question now...after transferring the beer (which was from keg in keezer) how bad would it be to store that out of a fridge in my basement which is usually around 68 degrees until I take it with me in a week? Its sitting at 12 psi with no lines hooked to it right now

No problem at all. I swap out kegs from my fridge all the time. As long as there's pressure on it, and you don't have a keg that lets light in it will be just fine.

Anything with gas pressures changing? Aka putting in 12psi at 38 then going to warmer temp? Is there any compensation needed for that?

Back