Pilsener & cherry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LSS

Reaction score
Hi ,

I'm planning on making my pilsener for my next batch, i would like to have some fruit flavor. Here's my ingredient's.

1.7 kg Cooper pilsener kit
1.5 kg malt extract light
140 g Dextrose
0.5 oz Cascada hops 15 min boil
0.5 oz Cascada hops last 5 min

Add cherry fruit to secondary

Brew 23 Litres

Your comments and suggestion please

Thanks in advance

LSS

A cherry pilsener sounds extremely bizarre to me! Wouldn't you rather add it to an ale? I hate fruit beers but I would've thought cherries would lend their flavours to an ale rather than a lager.

Maybe you could tell us how much fruit you're adding and what kind of cherries?

Hi Mysterio,

Thanks for your comment, this combination is not good just my wild thinking and i'm a beginner for brewing beer. I will take out the fruit and just brew the pilsener kit.
Thanks

Go ahead and try it. You may come up with something that you really like.
I've seen a recipe for a peach pilsner and I'm thinking that a light addition of lemon might work.

Or you could just brew the pilsner and add a drop or three of cherry extract to one glass so if it sucks you won't have ruined a full batch.

Rookie said:
Or you could just brew the pilsner and add a drop or three of cherry extract to one glass so if it sucks you won't have ruined a full batch.

I aggree :)

I'm not very fond of brewing a pilsner (or any beer for that matter) with fruit, but I may mix the beer with lemon soda. This should also work with cherry soda.

Kai

Rookie said:

I aggree :)

I'm not very fond of brewing a pilsner (or any beer for that matter) with fruit, but I may mix the beer with lemon soda. This should also work with cherry soda.

Kai

Back