Secret door

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67coupe390

Reaction score
I made this secret door from the kids play room. I'm not sure its a secret anymore now that its posted on the web.
:ban:
100_3220.JPG
100_3221.JPG
100_3232.JPG

i always wanted a secret room. maybe a door to a stairwell that goes to a closed off section of a basement or attic.

aka a man-cave

There are several homes around here (older ones, of course) that have secret rooms, dating back to the Underground Railroad. When I was a kid my neighbor had one and we used to play in there. It was cool.

TerapinChef said:
Very cool idea, I'm sure the kid's love it. It's hard to tell from the picture, but that doesn't lead to the garage does it?
No it leads to another part of the basement. The kids do love it!

Since the door is holding a bookshelf, does that mean it'll only open when you pull out a certain book? Also, is there a way to get out from the inside once you're in there? :D

My dream home will have at least one secret passage in it. It will lead to a secret lair which to the building inspectors I will call a home office, but I will call it my Secret Nuclear Missle Silo Command Center/Zombie Defense Bulwark.

My mother's parent's place had one in the stairwell. It connected to a small apartment that was probably built for the hired help. It was only as high as the wainscoting, which was great for kids!

MikeFlynn74 said:
My wife has a secret door she lets me use every once in a while...

wait what were we talking about?

yeah, kinda like parking your car in the garage every now and then.:D

I guess the Evil Genius business has really gone down hill in the Western world. It's really hard now a days to get secret headquarters of evil passed by building inspectors. No wonder they always seem to be on uncharted islands.

Back