Kitchen sink: style?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weidemann

Reaction score
I have a style question, but first some background: because the two homebrew shops within reasonable driving distance have closed, I ordered my grain bill (for a 5 gallon mash-extract Imperial Stout) online for the first time ever. Somehow I managed to order a pound of 6-row malt instead of a pound of roasted barley, and I ended up toasting the six-row and steeping it with the black malt, and then added 7.3 lbs of pale LME, and a bunch of old Galena hops and the last bag of dried Cascades from my garden. WLP810 is fermenting it (very slowly) right now.

My question is, what kind of beer is this going to turn out to be?

+1 to the guitar god. Regardless of what you call it, it'll be beer, and it'll be good 'cos you brewed it and it's yours.

If you post the entire recipe, I can take a stab at making something up as to style. Me, I wouldn't worry about it. Come up with a wicked cool name like Hannibal's Salty Tribble Black Beer, and serve it up. :D

Bob

Back