It's only bubbles...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkdog

Reaction score
...but I can't stop watching the airlock on my first batch. It's a bit of a miracle to have woken up this morning and to see that the yeast went to work last night. I love those little fellas right now. Anyone else catch themselves just staring at the airlock?

elkdog said:
...but I can't stop watching the airlock on my first batch. It's a bit of a miracle to have woken up this morning and to see that the yeast went to work last night. I love those little fellas right now. Anyone else catch themselves just staring at the airlock?

Soon you'll be sniffing the airlock... all. the. time.

If the obsession grows and you get more fermenters, you will have an airlock chorous, or drum session going. Think 8 or so high smelly hippies clicking little 3 piece air locks out of time with each other. It is an amazing noise, the day after brewing 30 gallons.

well on 3-piece airlocks the free floating piece inside 'clicks' on plastic as the bubbles are released, kind of a neat little noise!

elkdog said:
Anyone else catch themselves just staring at the airlock?
I definitely did at first. But then the krausen appeared - and that is some disgusting looking gunk. It kind of spoils the aesthetic experience a little.

[YOUTUBE]cCnZYdC73qo[/YOUTUBE]

Bubbles!

Yes, I love staring at the airlock. My kids give me a hard time about it and quote the Finding Nemo fish. My bubbles!

Chad

Back