Milk Method

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordiepete

Reaction score
This is probs a real basic question but does the milk method involve?

What type of milk do you use does it matter?

I forgot what section of the forum I was in when I read the question and thought... WTF!!!:confused:

Just paste the back of the label with milk and apply.
Full fat is better than skimmed.

yeah just brush on whole milk BUT an elemers glue stick is just as good and less messy

yeah I was like WTF and all ready for a smartarse reply too

orfy said:
I forgot what section of the forum I was in when I read the question and thought... WTF!!!:confused:

That almost made me spit my coffee all over the monitor! Really got my imagination running down some dark and disturbing alleys.

I tried it on some cheap copy paper and it didnt work oout too well. I put quite a bit on the back to mack sure it was covered. Is there such thing as using too much milk?

BTW it was 2% milk...but I think I'm gonna try the glue stick method next, it sounds lots easier.

I've used both the glue stick and milk method.

Both work great! For the milk, I used skim with a brush and very lightly applied to the back of the label. Just enough to get it damp, really. Slap it on the bottle, smooth it out, and you're good to go.

Glue sticks work just as well, are probably a little easier, and still come off after being soaked in water. Pick whichever method seems easier to you.

hmmm,
I have tried with whole milk and 2% with no luck. I brushed it on, placed the label on the bottle, a couple of hours later, the label fell off.

What gives? Too much milk, not enough?

Here's what I did that worked well: Mix elmer's glue 50/50 with water and "paint" on the backside of your label. Sticks great, but when wet peels off very easily.

I put a sponge on a plate and pour the milk (2%) onto the sponge until it is saturated. My labels are just plain copy paper printed with an inkjet printer. I lightly press the label onto the sponge until it is just damp and then stick the label onto the bottle. Works great for me.

Back