Force carbing in a 1/2 full keg anyone try/do this???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zamial

Reaction score
I have 2.5 gallons of beer that I would love to force carb, then bottle. The smallest keg I have is a 5 gallon. Has anyone forced carbed in a 1/2 full keg before and had good results?

If this has been covered my search skills have failed me...

Thanks! :mug:

Well I had a half-full 1/6 bbl keg of commercial beer that I inadvertently let go flat for about an hour. Cranked it up to 30 psi and it was good to go in about a day. Tastes a little off, but that's to be expected.

It'll work fine. I've done it with beer and hard lemonade. In fact, I have 2.5 gallons of hard lemonade in my kegerator in a 5 gallon keg right now. I didn't want to use my precious 3 gallon ones for my daughter's hard lemonade, so it's in a 5 gallon keg. She's not even drinking it, though- her husband is, but that's really beside the point I guess! :D

How about 5 gallons in a standard half barrel keg? I have access to one and wanted to give it a shot for a Spotted Cow clone I was going to brew soon.

Back