I need a Blue Point "Hoptical Illusion" clone recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunpowder

Reaction score
Blue Point Brewing makes one of my all-time favorite IPA's... the "Hoptical Illusion". I was wondering if anyone here had a clone recipe of it. I'd REALLY like to brew it. There seems to be a lot of debate about the yeast strain and the hops all over the web.

I like it too. I talked to a guy from their brewery at a beer festival and he told me that the late hop additions were mt hood and amarillo. I believe it's bittered with warrior.

Not sure about yeast stain. There's not a lot about this beer on the web, but it's a good one. Has a smooth bitterness that works well.

Long Island represent! I'm a big fan of the hoptical illusion. This was my beer of choice last summer on the south shore beaches of LI. I'd love to clone this one but I lack any sort of recipe creation/cloning skills.

On another forum, one guy said he got a response from a brewer at Blue Point and that the grain bill is 2-row, munich, carared, and carafoam.

Their website says there are 5 hop additions. If I had to guess I'd say something like 60, 15, 5, 0, and dry hop.

I might take a stab at it at some point soon, but my fermenters are all full and I've got at least two more batches lined up before I can get to it.

Anyone attempt a clone on this? Looking to make one
BTW- I took from another post from a different board that the 5 hop additions contained the "secret hop" from Oregon in all 5 additions.

Latest posts

Back