What have you ordered after having a few too many...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noleafclover

Reaction score
Tonight, I totally convinced myself that I needed a whole aeration kit. This will be like Christmas on Tuesday because I will have no idea what is in the fedex box on my porch.

Dumb T-shirts, a Roomba (those little robot vacuum thingies), a collection of stuffed virii and bacteria, and much more. Beer+credit cards=questions and nights on the couch. Spending a night banned from the bed is a great excuse to drink so screw it.

A stripper. Next thing I know the sun is out and I have about four voicemails from said stripper telling me she is at the door and for me to answer it. It's probably best I passed out. Alcohol saved the day that night!

A stripper. Next thing I know the sun is out and I have about four voicemails from said stripper telling me she is at the door and for me to answer it. It's probably best I passed out. Alcohol saved the day that night!

Did you still have to pay?

Huh...I've actually never done drunken purchases, other than buying drinks for people when we're out and about. I guess that's the one point of reason I can hold on to when I'm hammered.

Wait...do lapdances count?

A remote that turns off any and all TV's in a room at once. Which I have yet to use.

A dining room set and matching buffet....:drunk: SWMBO took me out furniture shopping when I was suitably mellowed and got the stuff she wanted.

I don't really get drunk and order stuff, instead I get my roomate drunk and get him to order stuff. Theres nothing like a new hurricane burner showing up while sitting on the porch with said roomate and him saying "hey, I didn't know you ordered a new burner", to which I reply, "Oh I didn't order that, you did".

Ah the joys of a great friendship and a roomate with a credit card...who now suprisingly hates me.

I went to a Pheasant Forever dinner and bought 2 prints and a cedar lined end of bed box with a hand painted top. I got it home and wife was a little upset, and now the kids use it as a very expensive toy box:)

The prints are also in the spare bedroom closet.

It is not booze which makes me do this but Ambien. I sleep shop. For real. To the point where I check my email the next morning to look for telltale "Thank You for Your Purchase" emails.

One morning I checked and it said I had bought a Driving Range and that I would need to arrange for delivery. It scared the crap out of me. I pictured some rundown plot of land 1000 miles away like in Tin Cup. Luckily it was an indoor driving range and it has turned out to be pretty cool.

But yes, I have a bunch of stuff that I purchased in an Ambien dream state.

hallucinations.png

I've been good lately but form time to time I order random crap I've been wanting. Worst was a few months ago my SWMBO wanted a booklight. So me being a nice boyfriend, I ordered it for her. Only problem is it was $19.99 and on Amazon you need to spend $25 to get free shipping. So I proceed to order a dart board and cabinet for my bar(which does not yet exist, I am still in the process of buying the house. Gotta plan ahead though right?) and some misc. tools. End up spending about $160(but free shipping!). She threatened to hide my credit card from me when I've been drinking.

lol.... This could be a whole topic by itself.

After seeing testimonials of a few that bought their membership to these forums after consuming a few, I was thinking back and remembered when I bought mine... It was after some party at work that provided copious amounts of free beer. So I'll have to +1 the buying of a membership to HBT after loosening up a bit.

But hey, I put the cool homebrewtalk bumper sticker they sent me on my rubbermaid cooler mash tun!

Not exactly an "order", but I decided to enter four beers in the HBT competition... three of which I had never brewed before in my life.

Dumb or ambitious? :drunk:

-Steve

I'm an Amazon Prime member and I have the one touch button active. Yes, I am fiscally suicidal apparently.

I'm drunk now and I'm thinking about buying a membership for this site right now. First I need some support, and then some instructions because I'm not used to internet and not used to English and.... because I'm drunk. :tank:

HBT membership also. What can I say. Just figure money well spent. Pay for what you use right?

A wife...

I got drunk with the guys and we started talking about a vegas trip... the g/f of 7 years stopped by the bar shortly after and I said "what if." She was down with the idea, so I went ahead and asked... granted I was already planning on it, but the question was asked and the ring purchased while intoxicated. Most.Expensive.Purchase.Ever!

Back